Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rejected Spider-Man Origin Cover

Not really. Did you know it's Spider-Man's 50th anniversary! For years, I've heard people mention that if Spider-Man does whatever a Spider can, then he would shoot web out his butt. I recently noticed that if you switch the places of Spider-Man and the Thug on AF #15 (his first appearance) you essentially have the poses you need to make this concept work...

Yes, it's a filmsy reason for me to draw it, but a friend of mine thought it would be funny, so here we are.

6 comments:

Mike D. said...

That is very funny Kerry. You really got the Ditko look down there too.

Anonymous said...

The Ventures Bros. have examined this issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12YySfp25A

Kerry Callen said...

HA! I'm not surprised. Thanks for the link. I don't know why I don't watch the Venture Bros. more often....

Michael said...

Also, with the added bonus of Spider-Man not shooting the webbing straight out of his butt.

Anthony Vukojevich said...

I laughed out loud

Doc Savage said...

Except that cover is by Jack Kirby, not Steve Ditko.